Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SO I don't think I mentioned it last post but last weekend I was out of town. I went with my church's confirmation program to chaperone and lead groups etc it was so much fun! (I love workin gwith the youth! and my hubby was part of it too and that makes it 100 times better when the one you love supports you and does this things with you!) we were in the mountains and there had been snow before we got there and it was beautiful!!! ICY lol everyone was slipping a lot, but when it came time for free time and they got to sled it was wonderful. Chris and I got to a group together and we had a small group of 4 young men and I couldnt have asked for a better group! I mean for teenaged boys that is lol they were kinda quiet in the beging but grew and opened up as we went along and though they tried to fight some rules from tim eto time overall they were a great group of boys they were just trying to be "cool" ya know how that is lol so anyways last weekend was wonderful!!!
This week has been total chaos!!! lol trying to unpack and do laundry etc from the trip....starting to pack (we are finally buying a house!!!! and hoping it to close mid jan!!!!) so since the holidays make it hard to have time to pack and move I figured I better start early! lol so I am trying to start packing things we dont need this next month like the crystal and china and book shelves etc.... also I am painting glasses for a friend for her bridesmaids gifts I need to complete by jan...I am doing 2 custom shadow boxes I was comissioned to do that I want to have done before christmas....I was just asked to sew 6-8 costumes for the church for thier philipino group my friend who is getting married her mom needs her mother of teh bride dress hemmed and her sister needs her briedsmaids dress hemmed and a lining added....I have a family and friend cookie exchange i have to start baking for next week lol ....and last weekend I was asked to do some cuts on my cricut for this weekends retreat so i have to cut out 75 suns!!! seems simple enough but its 4 layers of piecing!!!! times by 75!!! and 2 of the pieces only fit 1 per sheet and the others only fit 2 per sheet so it takes forever!!!! I literally sat all day today just cutting and gluing suns and writing all the kids names on them and I still have about 20 more to finish cutting and gluing etc lol I must be a glutin for punishment lol....and on top of all this I am trying to make my christmas cards....plus a diff set of cards for my cookie exchange, plus change of address/moving cards for jan when we move so all our family and friends will know our new addy etc goodness goodness goodness!!! lol
but I think it will be ok, I think thrive on chaos lol
So I am hoping that with all that is going on I can try to squeeze in here and do a post from time to time because well that is a lot of creative work and so I hope to show some of it off to you all. so I thought I would start with a few cards I did a week or so ago and never got to take pics of ...also on mon the 14th I am playing in the TGF blog hop, so I will have bunches of TGF goodies to show off then!
but for now I still have lots of great stuff to show off...
when I saw this image at All that Scraps I had to have it!!!
I also go tthis one from all that scraps...these were both digi images and I love them! with this one I thought it was way too cute so I made an ornament with it it is double sided the same on both sides, and I will probably attach to a gift for someone this year or something but for now it is hanging out on my tree lol
So I decided to save any christmas projects I am doing using TGF images until the 14th, however I thought I could show off the other TGF projects I have been doing.... SO I bought teh dressy miss anya set teh day it came out lol but hardly got to play with it so I had colored this beauty and she just sat and sat waiting to be placed on a beautiful card so I went through my paper stash and found this perfect CTMH paper that matched her coloring exactly! so yay I finally made her a card!!!
This too was colored a while back and just sat ( sometimes when I am stressed or bored I like to color images and well sometimes I forget to do anything further with them)...this one I was so happy with I used colored pencil and odorless mineral spirits and I think it turned out pretty good it was one of the 1st I did using that technique the papers are CTMH and SU as well as the sticket accents
Now if you know me at all you know I bough tthese 2 the day they came out as well lol I love the miss anyas and my guy ians!!! they have to be my favs for sure!!! ok this one is winter but i made it over a week ago and HAD to show you he hee it is simple but I really love it! the ribbon is my fav! I love chocolate brown! and olive greens too!
ok I guess that is it for now! I will have more soon I promise though.... I altered some card display boxes and just have a few finishing touches and Ill post pics of those then as well so keep an eye out over the next few days to a week or so lots coming up!

3 comments:

Piali said...

Wow Lindsay!! Beautiful cards... how did you manage to do so much with 75 suns....great job.

Lelia Pierce said...

Love all your TGF cards, Lindsay! And I have to admit that I snuck over to All that Scraps and bought a couple of the CC Designs digis too! They are too cute and your coloring sure makes them fab!

Hugs,
Lelia

Unknown said...

Im a new blogger, could you give me some tips on blogging . I would really appreciate it.
This is my site.

http://popularpoems.blogspot.com/

My email

workrelief@yahoo.com